The Standard Electronic-based Carbon Handset features a high-quality receiver and electronic carbon microphone. The handset is constructed of durable ABS plastic combined with a high strength stainless cord and steel lanyard. Available in standard 32" or optional 52" cord lengths. Ideal for locations prone to vandalism and compatible with most Carbon-based telephone devices.
Each handset consist of the following elements:
- Handset type: Standard Receiver and Electronic-based Carbon Transmitter
- Handset handle and cap material: ABS plastic
- Wiring: Four 24 gauge Teflon insulated wires (2 for receiver, 2 for transmitter) with single modular plug (Optional 4 spade conductors)
- Armored Cord Assembly.: 304 Stainless Steel, Interlock style. Inside Diameter, 0.250", 6.350mm. Outside Diameter, 0.329", 8.357mm. Linear Pull Test Load, 1000 lbs., 454 kg
- Includes steel lanyard which is anchored to handset handle. Steel lanyard has a pull test load of approx. 1000 lbs, 454 kgs.
- Available Cord Lengths: standard 32" or optional 52"
- Color: Black and Red
- Other Components: lanyard block retainer; anti-rotation wedge; transmitter holder; blue rubber grommet to seal handset/cord connection
- DC Resistance at 20 degress C : 145 ohm ± 15 ohm
- Frequency Response Range: 300-3400 Hz
- Sensitivity: 100 ohm ± 2 dB at 60mv
- Impedance: 150 ohm ± 30 ohm at 1 KHz
Electronic-based Carbon Transmitter:
- Response Range: 300-3400 Hz
- Moveable Resistance :25-80 ohm at 50mA D.C
Custom colors, cord lengths, microphones and wire terminal/plugs are available depending on details and volume. Call 1-800-884-4835 or fill out the contact us form to inquire about custom handsets or volume quotes.
Handset caps are sealed with high-strength epoxy adhesive prior to shipping, unless otherwise requested.